HIV/AIDS Long-Term Survivors
Dissident Views on HIV/AIDS (read with care)
HIV in the Workplace & the Law
HIV/AIDS & Entry into Foreign Countries
World AIDS Day – December 1st
HIV/AIDS Personal Stories
HIV Respite Care
- Waverley Care Milestone – Provides respite care for people living with HIV and other conditions.
- Mildmay Hospital South London – Mildmay Hospital offers a full range of residential and day services for men, women and children with HIV/AIDS. The catchment area is UK- wide, although most patients come from the pan-London health region.
- The Sussex Beacon based in Brighton – The Sussex Beacon has been at the forefront of HIV care since 1992. Based in Brighton, we offer clinical care to men and women in our 10 bedded unit plus day and community care settings.
Personal Ads for People with HIV and AIDS or Special Needs
HIV/AIDS Art & Humour
- Visual AIDS – A monthly gallery of art by artists with HIV infection, from The Body.
- Mad About Art – Charity to unite children around the world in understanding and fighting HIV and AIDS through art and education.
HIV/AIDS Discussion Groups
- Community Center – HIV Discussion Boards & Additional Resources from ‘The Body’.
Social, Support & Welfare
- LGBT Helpline Scotland – Providing information and emotional support to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and their families, friends and supporters across Scotland.
- Trans Unite – Find a Transgender Support Group near you.
- Equality Network – Working for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality in Scotland.
- Abused Men in Scotland – National organisation deducated to supporting men who are experiencing or who have experienced domestic abuse.
- Living with HIV – The Living With HIV forum is open to those who are infected with or directly affected by HIV.
- South London HIV Partnership – HIV support and counselling.
- UK HIV/AIDS Helplines and Support Services – UK Helplines (telephone numbers).
- HIV/AIDS Carers & Family Support Group – Providing support and services to carers, families, partners and friends who have a loved one with HIV or AIDS in Scotland.
- The HIV Support Centre – Incorporating the AIDS helpline for Northern Ireland.
- George House Trust – Manchester (UK) – HIV voluntary organisation for the north west of England.
- Terrence Higgins Trust – The UK’s largest HIV and AIDS charity.
- UK Coalition – UK Coalition the national charity of people living with HIV and AIDS.
- HIV Scotland – The voice of Scottish voluntary sector organisations working in the field of HIV.
- Homeless Information Pages – Glasgow Homeless Network providing advice and information.
- Just Diagnosed Resources Centre – For those recently diagnosed.
- African HIV Policy Network – Umbrella organisation which represents African community groups addressing HIV/AIDS and sexual health throughout the UK.
- Jewish AIDS Trust – Charity providing the Jewish community with education, counselling and support in connection with HIV infection and AIDS.
- Personal Stories of Men Living with HIV – Some moving personal accounts, submit your story.
- Personal Stories of Young People Living with HIV – Some moving personal accounts, submit your story.
- The Princess Royal Trust for Carers – Largest provider of comprehensive carers support services in the UK.
- Carers UK – Membership organisation of carers.
- Pace – London’s largest lesbian and gay counselling and mental health project in the UK.
- The Samaritans – UK crisis helpline and information.
- National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux – Umbrella body of local CAB’s (UK only.)
- The Body – Getting Help for Substance Use.
- Albert Kennedy Trust – Helping to find Homes for Gay and Lesbian Teenagers.
- AIDS & Young People – HIV & AIDS Information for Young People, including Safe Sex.
- Manchester Bisexuals – Information on Bisexual life in Manchester.
- CAFFMOS – Focused towards older Gay men and their admirers worldwide.
- Pets Are Loving Support – Antonio Ocasio who died of AIDS was a founding member.
- All Party Parliamentary Group on AIDS – Group of UK backbench MPs and Peers at Westminster that meets and co-ordinates parliamentary activity on HIV and AIDS .
- Understanding Childhood Sexual Abuse and Male Rape – Providing information, support and counselling for men who have been raped or sexually abused.
Disability Benefits Advice
Health & Alternative Medicine
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s)
Gay Friendly Accommodation
Gay, Lesbian, Bi & TG General Sites
- FitLads – For scally lads and their admirers.
- BearScots – Scottish Bear Group.
- LGBT Helpline Scotland – Provides information and emotional support to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and their families, friends and supporters across Scotland.
- LGBT Centre for Health & Wellbeing – Promoting healthy lifestyles and improve the accessibility of mainstream health services for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender communities in Edinburgh & south-east Scotland.
- LBGT Youth Scotland – A national youth organisation working for the inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender young people in the life of Scotland.
- LGBT Foundation – Ending Homophobia, Empowering People.
- UK Tattoo Studios – Pinpoint your local tattooist.
- Gingerbeer – London Lesbian & Bisexual Womens Guide.
- Beaumont Society – Longest established transgendered support group in the UK.
- Press for Change – A political lobbying and educational organisation for Trans people.
- The Northern Concord – A social and self help group for cross-dressers, transvestites, transsexuals and their wives or partners.
- Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association – GALHA provides a voice for the many non-religious in the lesbian and gay community in the United Kingdom and elsewhere and promotes a rational humanist approach to homosexuality and to lesbian, gay and bisexual rights as human rights.
- Gay London Guide – A comprehensive guide.
- Gay Bikers Motorcycle Club – A UK based club, the biggest gay biking club in Europe.
- Gaydads UK – A place to help and support.
- Men on the Net – Gay erotica.
- Fitlads – Fitlads is the UK’s second largest gay dating website, with over 220,000 members.
- Gaydar.co.uk – UK’s premier interactive gay personal ads – FREE membership.
- Circa-Club – Gay Online Social and Business Network for Gay Professional Men.
- Scotsgay Magazine – The magazine from Scotland for lesbians, gays and bisexuals.
- The Scottish Gay Scene – One stop shop for all the info on gay venues and stuff in Scotland.
- Queer Jihad – Queer Jihad is the queer Muslim struggle for acceptance.
- Naz and Matt Foundation – Be the person you were born to be. Homophobia triggered by religion to help parents accept their children.